Tender Year's is pleased to offer student transportation to-and-from local schools. In some cases we may also offer students transportation to their homes. Your child's safety is our main concern, not only in the classroom but also on the road.
Each of our buses meets or exceeds Federal Safety Standards.
- 5-Point safety harnesses.
- Each bus is equipped with a safety buzzer that requires the driver to walk to the rear of the bus and ensure that no children have been left on the bus prior to their own departure from the bus.
- Emergeny mobile phones.
- "Roll Over" protection technology, including the use of steel bodied frames and cages.
- Each bus is painted "School Bus Yellow" to increase the awareness of other drivers that children are on board.
- Flashing strobe lights to alert other drivers of our approaching bus.
- Each bus has air conditioning and heating to ensure your child's comfort while on board.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) prohibits the sale of a new van to programs that provide transportation to and from school. On June 8, 1999 NHTSA issued the following statement:
To the Governors of the 50 States and the Mayor of the District of Columbia:Click this link to visit the U.S. Department of Education's web page referencing the NHTSA statement.
Require that all vehicles carrying more than 10 passengers (buses) and transporting children to and from school and school related activities, including, but not limited to, Head Start programs and day care centers, meet the school bus structureal standards or the equivalent as set forth in 49 code of Federal Regulations Part 571.
For additional information related to the safe transportation of students you may wish to visit School Transportation News.
We provide transportation to and from selected public and private schools.
To identify which locations service your school please check the locations page.